THE DESIGN PROCESS
Most clients are referred by friends or colleagues whom RED CAT has designed homes for previously.
All projects start off with a consultation where we get to know each other and discuss requirements, budget and timeline. A fee proposal based on this consultation is then put together.
We work on an hourly rate and provide an estimate of the number of hours the project should take, broken up into stages.
The standard stages are dependent on the project, but typically include the following:
- Sketch Design
- Design Development
- Technical Documentation
- Local Authority Approval
There are extra services that are also offered, dependent on your needs and project:
- 3D drawings
- Working drawings
- Design of electrical and lighting layouts
- Design of joinery [kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc, cupboards]
- Detail drawings of kitchens and bathrooms
- Outline of works for building quotes
- A handover meeting with the contractor
- Attending site meetings to ensure that the project is being built according to plan and giving input as required
- Sourcing of finishes
- Snagging of builder’s work